This collection and quilt was inspired by designer Rachel Hauer's memories of a documentary about the deepest part of the ocean, the Mariana Trench. Imagine that you are in a submarine starting at the surface and moving deeper and deeper, discovering lots of new friends along the way.
Finished quilt size: 72" x 84"
Kit includes over 17 yards of fabric, which allows for fussy cutting. Includes the free pattern and all fabric for top and binding.
Foundation paper pieced.
Skill level: intermediate
• 100% cotton thread in colors to match
• 80" x 92" (2.03m x 2.34m) batting
• 168 copies each of Foundations A and B (can be copied on the same page)
• 42 copies of Foundation C
• Optional: Add-A-Quarter ruler, seam roller
Recommended foundation paper: Ricky Tims Stable Stuff